1) Call our office for a free exam appointment. At this time you will find out all the answers to your orthodontic questions. This is an informal time when you can learn about how braces work, how the teeth move, what it feels like, and how long it may take to correct your orthodontic problems.
2) We will then decide on a treatment plan. Fees will be discussed and a payment plan will be arranged to fit your budget requirements. This office accepts all types of orthodontic insurance.
3) Next, we refer you to your general dentist for a check up and tooth cleaning and a full set of x-rays that will be used to make the final treatment plan.
4) Putting the braces on— small stainless steel brackets are bonded to the tooth enamel using special high tech orthodontic resins that also have anti-cavity properties. This is a long appointment and may take 1 1/2 hours. Very gentle nickel titanium arch wires are placed into the brackets to start the teeth moving.
6) Retention- At the end of active treatment, the braces are removed and retainers fabricated . Ironically, this is the most important part of treatment. It is no use to straighten the teeth if they all relapse after the braces are removed. Dr. Jasper has found a type of retainer that is very comfortable and is only used at night. It is made from clear plastic and young patients don’t mind wearing it because they are invisible when in the mouth.